5-10 years from now, what would you want your future self to be proud you did?
Time would always pass. Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years." - Bill Gates
That’s the power of Long term thinking and the compounding effect of small habits.
How to build good habits and break bad ones?
It all starts today; what habit would you want to improve on or kick out?
1) Studying daily (done with school or not, NO EXCUSES)
2) Having time for devotions/meditations at mornings/evenings.
3) Being more physically active
4) WORKING out to stay in shape.
5) Eating out less.
6) Calling your family
7) Taking more notes (genius habit, you’d be grateful you did 90% of the time)
8) Listening more:
Take for example, with the rise of social media and modern age; you can chose to be: amongst those who are building their
- Fitness and their health intentionally
- Careers/Businesses and financial independence
- Craft, art, etc
- Families; getting married, raising kids
- Mentorship with people ahead of you.
- Communication and social skills
Or easily stray with those consuming:
- Crap food/junk,
- Binging on Video games
You mustn’t build by being a full blown expert; Jack ma prides on knowing little on how to code yet building Alibaba Group, which is a holding company with nine major subsidiaries: Alibaba.com, Taobao Marketplace, Tmall, 1688.com, AliExpress.com, Alipay etc.
Elon Musk started from coding video games yet has built SpaceX (including Starlink), Tesla including (SolarCity), Neuralink etc.
Different stories; yet both are tech billionaires.
You just need to decide to get started; join a community of such space while you learn as much as you can on the go.
Work with someone you can afford to – or patronize freelance sites such as Fiverr, Upwork, BOOM – you’ve got something your future self would be proud of tomorrow.